Watch GYAO Outside Japan? | 5 Best VPNs for GYAO
GYAO is a Japanese site where viewers watch trending videos. Yahoo is its major stakeholder, and this website does not show its content outside the country. The reason for this is that GYAO has only bought the rights to show the TV shows in Japan.
However, there’s a simple way to watch content on GYAO — by using a VPN — and we will show you how in this article.
How to watch GYAO overseas with a VPN service
The way around watching content on GYAO is to use a VPN service. A VPN is a program you can install very easily on your device. Once installed a VPN lets you change your IP address to different countries. So if you want to get a Japenese IP address you just have to download a VPN program and then connect to a Japanese IP address.
When you are connected to a Japanese IP address, GYAOs systems will believe that you are in Japan. Then you can easily access GYAO like every other person in Japan, and the problem is solved.
Best VPNs for accessing GYAO outside Japan
There are quite a number of VPN services available, so many people find it tasking to select one. Here are the five best VPNs that will allow you to access GYAO content.
- Number of servers: More than 3,000
- Speeds: Unlimited
- Server locations: 160 in 94 countries
- Maximum devices supported: 5
- 24 live chat: Yes
- 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Fastest VPN out there
- Strict no logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Few discounts
As one of the first VPN services to have broken into the market, ExpressVPN has made a name for itself and for all the good reasons. And with its excellent quality and reliability over the years, the VPN has become even more popular. Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN has so many advantages that make it stand out from the rest.
If you need a VPN service that will provide you with the required speed and privacy you need to watch GYAO videos, then this might just be the VPN service for you. It has over 3000 servers worldwide, with a decent amount of them in Japan.
The ExpressVPN servers in Japan are the ones that will allow you to watch content on GYAO. By connecting to any one of them, you’ll get unlimited bandwidth to watch as much daily video content as you want on GYAO. You can use the same method to watch shows as Japanese Netflix or Japanese Amazon Prime in other countries.
Apart from its speed and presence on the world screen, ExpressVPN offers an easy-to-use but sleek platform to watch all GYAO content from any device. The service runs on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android devices, with five simultaneous connections permitted. It also has an installable web extension that you can use with any browser.
To top up all the great features this provider has to offer when watching GYAO is their 24/7 customer support system. And if you don’t feel satisfied with the VPN, you can get your money back in 30 days. How cool is that?
- Cryptocurrency accepted? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Dedicated IP-addresses? Yes
- Servers: 5342 in 58 countries
- Lots of pricing options
- Netflix support kept up to date
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Slow app
Coming up next on our list of the best VPNs to watch GYAO outside Japan is NordVPN. It was launched years after the first VPN but has slowly and consistently risen up the ladder to battle with the big boys in the VPN industry. Located in Panama, this service offers privacy, speed, and unlimited bandwidth to watch as much content on GYAO as you like.
NordVPN stands out with its double encryption system that ensures your logs are kept private every time you connect to any of its servers. You also have two features to select from — Ultra-fast or Ultra-secure. The service has over 5000 servers in more than 60 countries, and you can bet that many of them are in Japan.
With NordVPN, you’ll be able to access GYAO in almost every operating system out there. You’ll also be able to connect six devices to your account simultaneously. Like many VPN services on this list, you’ll get a 30-day guarantee for your money if you don’t like the service. But really, there’s nothing to not like in a VPN that supports P2P, has great speed, and extensive feature sets for your use.
- Free trial? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Ad blocking? Yes
- Servers: 1000+ in 61 countries
- No footprints
- Allows torrenting
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not the fastest
Our third VPN on this list that you can use to watch content on GYAO is Surfshark. This service is one of the few that have broken through the market and become more popular with every passing day. So, what is different about this provider?
Almost every VPN service experiences a dip in speed once in a while, but this VPN has a consistent speed for you to stream GYAO content all day long. So, while others are complaining of slow speeds when watching videos, this VPN service will offer you good speed.
Surfshark is available in more than 50 countries and has more than 500 servers all over the world. Out of these, quite a number of its servers are in Japan, and these allow you to watch GYAO’s video content. There is so much to love in this service’s interface because it is very easy to use.
Surfshark is one of those services that offer top quality for a low price. With a longer subscription, you’ll get a discount to watch videos on GYAO, even if you are several miles away. If you also want to watch shows like Japanese Hulu or U-Next overseas, SurfShark also works well with these.
- Connected devices at once: 7
- Automatic kill switch? Yes
- One click connect: Yes
- Servers: 5900 worldwide
- No logs policy
- 24/7 live chat
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
- No free option
The last VPN service (but in no way the least) to make our list is CyberGhost. It is a popular service around the world and has provided a constant but stable service for GYAO’s viewers. So, what is different between this provider and others?
Firstly, the VPN service has over 3000 servers in more than 60 countries in the world. In Japan alone, there are a little more than ten that will give you access to GYAO’s content. This is quite impressive, even for an established service like CyberGhost. The service’s features include a kill switch, DNS leak protection, military-grade encryption, among many others.
Launched in 2011, CyberGost supports torrenting and is available in Linux, Android, macOS, Windows, among many other types of operating systems. You are assured of a smooth time when watching GYAO content using CyberGhost, with its speed and unlimited bandwidth.
To top it off, this VPN has an excellent customer care service to help you out when you have issues.
- One click connect? Yes
- Servers: 100+ superfast servers
- Bandwidth cap? No
- Platforms: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
- Apps for all devices
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not as many servers as others
Coming in fourth in our list is UltraVPN. It is a fairly new service but has given the old boys something to worry about. The VPN service has gained popularity in many countries because of its stability and quality servers.
UltraVPN has servers in more than 55 countries around the world, and Japan is definitely one of them. You can connect to any of UltraVPN’s servers in Japan that will allow you to watch videos on GYAO easily. As an expanding company, more servers will be installed in Japan, because these are the ones that will actually grant you access.
You’ll enjoy the VPN’s speed and privacy all for a low price. UltraVPN is available in Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android devices. You don’t need to configure or set up much. The process is straightforward, and within minutes you can begin watching all the videos you love on GYAO.
Which VPN should I pick?
We’ve given you excellent VPNs to select from that you may be confused as to which will help you watch GYAO. Here are some of the factors to consider when getting one. See list of most recommended VPNs here.
- Location of the server: A VPN that has a million servers around the world, but none in Japan is of no use to you when you want to watch videos on GYAO. You need a Japanese IP address and not one from another country. Ensure you have this at the back of your mind before you go pick a VPN.
- Data limits: A good VPN will allow you stream content on GYAO with unlimited bandwidth. So, before you go on to get a VPN, ensure that it has no data limit so you can enjoy every video you watch.
- Accessibility on several devices: Accountsof the best VPN services allow you to connect with different devices simultaneously. Some even allow up to six connections at once. You should rank these ones higher than others when deciding on which one to select.
- Cost: There are free and paid VPNs. The price range varies, and an expensive VPN doesn’t always point towards better features. Ensure that you get value for the service you are paying for.
- Protocol run: VPN services with recent protocols will be easier to stream content on GYAO than those with outdated protocols. Ask around if you are not sure of which your preferred VPN has.
- Browsing history and privacy: Whether you know it or not, every site you visit is recorded — not only sites but everything that you use your device to do on the internet. With newer methods, websites can now save your history and from there, send unsolicited advertisements and suggestions. In any of these cases, such information can run into the wrong hands and then be used for malicious purposes. Using any of the VPNs explained above, you are guaranteed that your browsing history will not get into the wrong hands.
- Physical Location blocking: A few times, you may be asked to provide details of your current position, especially if the ‘location’ icon is turned on. Even if you unintendedly give out such information, a good VPN will block and prevent it.
- Ability to maneuver through geo-restrictions.
- Size of network and its stability to prevent dropped connections.
Features on GYAO that you’ll love
Some features on GYAO that will definitely intrigue you are;
- Favorites function: With this, you can add up to 60 cases as favorite videos on GYAO by clicking on the star close to them.
- Bookmarking feature: Here, you can resume a video you were playing from the point you stopped. You don’t have to scramble and look for where your last viewing point was with this feature.
- Wish list function: This allows you to make a list of only parts of a video you want to see.
- User review feature: With this feature, you can determine which videos are the best to watch, since there are a lot on GYAO.
Can I use a Free VPN instead?
All the VPN services included in this list are paid. However, most of them go for a very low price. If you subscribe upfront and for a long period, you can pay as low as $3 a month for the subscription. In these paid VPNs, you’ll also get a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the subscription.
Some issues with free VPNs are;
- Most free VPNs are very slow and bad for streaming: If your goal is to use a VPN for video streaming, then the free ones will not do you much good. Most of them are very slow and buffer all through the video.
- Most free VPNs have data limits: You can’t watch content past your daily usage, which is not something people are used to in this technological age. Most free VPNs have daily megabyte limits.
- Your privacy is not guaranteed: Many free VPNs keep track of all your actions and log, which is not good for your online privacy.
- Many free VPNs don’t have servers in Japan: Since they are free, you should not expect a lot of them to have servers in Japan so you can watch videos on GYAO.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it legal to watch GYAO with a VPN?
Since GYAO’s distribution rights are restricted to Japan, you may be wondering whether it’s legal to bypass these geo-restrictions with a VPN. Using VPNs is legal in most countries of the world. Furthermore, Japan isn’t one of the few countries that ban or restrict VPN usage. So, you shouldn’t have any legal troubles streaming GYAO content with a VPN. However, it’ll be best to check if the country you’re streaming from has any legal restrictions on VPN usage.
What if I want to use my VPN for only GYAO?
Many people ordinarily would not use a VPN despite its numerous benefits. So, they’ll only consider it when they have to. Therefore, if you only want to utilize your VPN for GYAO, it is possible. You can do this through your VPN’s split tunneling feature.
Split tunneling means you can choose to route some of your online traffic through the VPN while the rest access the internet directly. All the VPNs on this list have the split tunneling feature. So, you can only restrict your VPN subscription to enable you to access GYAO shows only.
How do I know if a VPN has Japanese servers?
Before watching GYAO abroad, you have to ensure the VPN service provider has Japanese servers. This way, you can swap your IP address with one located in Japan. The VPNs on this list all have servers in Japan. So, all you have to do is log in to the VPN and check for Japanese servers. Then, you can pick any specific servers in your preferred location.
Can I unblock other geo-restricted Japanese content with a VPN?
Yes. A VPN doesn’t just help you bypass GYAO’s geo-restrictions. You can also escape the geo-blocking of other platforms. For instance, you can also unlock DAZN and Netflix Japan with a single VPN subscription.
GYAO is an excellent site to watch videos. There are entertaining contents to keep you glued to your phone or laptop screen and intrigued all day long. You can now enjoy your favorite GYAO shows, even if you are outside Japan.
We have included the best VPNs that will give you unlimited access to GYAO’s content while outside Japan in this article. There are also a couple of factors included, so you know what to look out for in a VPN. Use this information to enjoy videos on GYAO, using VPN services.