Best VPNs for OnePlus in 2021 (OnePlus Guide)
OnePlus smartphones come with spectacular features. They have iPhone-style switches. This makes it easy to put the phone in silent mode with just one flip. Additionally, OnePlus phones are fitted with personalized charging bricks. The charging brick absorbs the heat from the charging process, ensuring that the device does not heat up. Although they are Android devices, they look and perform better than some high-end phones. What makes the phones even more fascinating is how great the prices are.
However, just like every other device, OnePlus phones are susceptible to hackers. They are also prone to bugs and malware. This is the reason why you need a VPN. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) encrypts your traffic, saving you from these problems and many more.
Top Recommended VPNs for OnePlus
There are some primary factors to consider when choosing a VPN for your OnePlus device: the number and speed of servers and compatibility with OnePlus smartphones. Bearing these factors in mind, we curated the best VPNs for your OnePlus device. Find them below.
- Number of servers: More than 3,000
- Speeds: Unlimited
- Server locations: 160 in 94 countries
- Maximum devices supported: 5
- 24 live chat: Yes
- 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Fastest VPN out there
- Strict no logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Few discounts
This is our best offering for OnePlus smartphones. It has an excellent Android app that is compatible with your device, so you are covered on that front. More so, it has apps for most other device types. It allows up to 5 devices connected simultaneously. Hence, you can download different apps for your various devices and use one subscription for them all.
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Island. This works to its advantage when it comes to security. It is not subject to stringent privacy laws that’ll make them give up your data. In addition to this, it maintains a zero log policy. It also encrypts its servers with AES 256-bit encryption — the best you could find. It additionally makes use of OpenVPN protocol, is equipped with a kill switch, and also has DNS-leak protection.
This provider has 3000+ servers in 94 locations. This provides you a plethora of options to choose from. Additionally, these servers are high-speed. Its speed is one of the highest for any of the providers on this list.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all of its subscription plans. The way it works, you have to get on a plan, make some deposit, and then use the VPN. Ideally, before the 30 days are exhausted, you can request and be granted a refund.
- Cryptocurrency accepted? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Dedicated IP-addresses? Yes
- Servers: 5342 in 58 countries
- Lots of pricing options
- Netflix support kept up to date
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Slow app
This is another excellent provider you should consider. It has over 5000 servers in 59 countries. This gives you an almost unlimited number of servers to choose from. If you want to mask your IP address, you will not be at a loss regarding a country to connect to. This large number of servers will also work to your advantage when it comes to unblocking platforms. You can easily access geo-blocked content on Netflix, Hulu, iPlayer, etc. with any of NordVPN’s servers. It will be impossible not to find a country that freely provides any restricted content you may want to access.
NordVPN offers premium security features. It makes use of the AES 256-bit encryption as well as excellent protocols, a kill switch, and a DNS-leak prevention feature. This provider promises water-tight security and delivers on it.
NordVPN also offers a money-back period of 30 days. The process for requesting a refund is pretty straightforward. It is also risk-free, meaning no hidden conditions for you to fulfill to access your funds.
- Free trial? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Ad blocking? Yes
- Servers: 1000+ in 61 countries
- No footprints
- Allows torrenting
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not the fastest
Surfshark is an excellent provider that has one of the cheapest subscription plans. It has an Android app that is compatible with OnePlus smartphones. This app is built with quite a number of attractive features.
Surfshark has more than 1700 servers in 60+ countries. These servers are primed for speed. You will hardly experience any delayed surfing while using the VPN. You can download high-quality video content with the snap of a finger. If you rather prefer streaming content, you’ll find that this provider is ideal for that too.
Security is also Surfshark’s forte. It secures its servers with military-grade encryption. Additionally, it makes use of OpenVPN protocol, a DNS-leak feature, and a kill switch. The Kill switch automatically comes on when your network drops. It shuts off your online activities so that you are not exposed during this vulnerable moment.
Surfshark allows for unlimited simultaneous connections. Additionally, it also does not have any cap on the amount of data you can expend. This unlimited bandwidth gives you enough room to make full use of the VPN. You can surf the internet, stream, or even download content with no problems at all.
- IP cloaking? Yes
- Access to US domains? Yes
- Devices supported: Over 30 (including iOS and Android)
- Firewalls? Yes
- Servers: 3000+ in over 25 countries
- Military grade encryption
- Completely private browsing
- Lesser known provider
Private Internet Access provides stellar VPN services. It is one provider that you can trust to protect your OnePlus smartphone. It is based in the United States and has a fair amount of servers. It boasts of remarkable speed and strong connecting ability.
PIA’s strength is its security features. It is firm in maintaining its no-logs policy. It doesn’t retain any aspect of its users’ data as soon as each session ends. It also is outfitted with standard security features. These include a kill switch, a DNS-leak prevention feature, and OpenVPN protocol.
PIA offers great subscription plans. Its yearly plans are some of the cheapest on the VPN market. Notwithstanding that, it does not compromise on quality to make up for this. It has an Android app that will fit excellently with your Oneplus device. Additionally, it has apps for other device types too. This is important because PIA allows 10 devices simultaneously connected on a single plan.
- Connected devices at once: 7
- Automatic kill switch? Yes
- One click connect: Yes
- Servers: 5900 worldwide
- No logs policy
- 24/7 live chat
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
- No free option
CyberGhost is another provider we strongly recommend. It has an impressive number of servers — 6400 in over 100+ countries. You can connect to any of its servers for increased privacy while making use of your OnePlus device. These servers are also speedy. Their speed is fast enough to download via BitTorrent. This provider’s number and speed of servers make accessing geo-blocked content easy.
Its security features are also remarkable. CyberGhost’s AES 256-bit encryption makes sure that you are not susceptible to hacks. This also comes to your aid while you are making use of a shared network. Your network will be encrypted, preventing others from having access to your details. This provider runs under strict no-logs policy. It wipes your digital footprint once you are done making use of the VPN. This prevents the government from using a subpoena to force it to give up your details because it cannot provide what it doesn’t have.
CyberGhost has Android apps that are compatible with OnePlus devices. Also, it supports most device types. You can download apps for iOS, macOS, Linux, and Windows devices. This provider has an efficient and helpful customer support system. If you run into any challenges while installing or using the VPN, they will put you through. This support is provided 24/7.
- One click connect? Yes
- Bandwidth cap? No
- Servers: 100+ superfast servers
- Platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Routers
- Apps for all devices
- 40,000+ shared IPs, 1,300+ VPN servers in 75+ locations
- Not the cheapest out there
This is a mid-tier VPN provider. Its services are passable, especially if you need a VPN for private use. More importantly, it has an app that is compatible with Oneplus smartphones. It has 1300 servers in 75 countries. With this number, you can always find a server to connect to no matter where you are.
IPVanish promises to secure your online privacy. It does not keep user logs. Additionally, it makes use of AES 256-bit encryption. This is the highest level of encryption available in the market. There are no chances of losing your details while using this VPN because it is hack-proof encryption.
IPVanish allows you access to geo-restricted content. You can get around blocks on Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer libraries. It also has fair subscription rates. If you are on a low budget, this should work for you. IPVanish is one provider that caters totally to your VPN needs.
- 24/7 live support? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 5
- High-end encryption? Yes
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, TVs, iOS, Android, Routers
- Unlimited data
- Focus on supporting free speech
- 256-bit AES encryption
- No money-back guarantee
VyprVPN is a remarkable VPN provider you ought to consider for your OnePlus device. It is based in Switzerland, a great location for privacy because it is not under the 14-eye alliance’s surveillance. It also is insistent on its no-logs policy. It allows regular third-party audit of its services. This makes sure that they provide the best services at all times. It also has a kill switch and obfuscation.
VyprVPN has a fair number of servers. It is not as fast as the best in the market. However, it provides a reasonable browsing/streaming speed. It also can unblock geo-restricted platforms easily. You can have access to your favorite shows on Netflix, Hulu, and iPlayer with this VPN.
This provider has a standard Android app. This app is compatible with the OnePlus device. It has pretty affordable subscription plans. You can also take advantage of its 30-day money-back guarantee to check out the VPN.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Your OnePlus Device?
Here is different things a VPN can help you with:
1. Security: This should be fairly obvious at this point. Cybercriminals and hackers are becoming ingenious in the tactics they employ. They are forever coming up with schemes to steal your personal information. With this, they could defraud you of hard-earned money. The risk of being hacked is increased if you make use of public Wi-Fis or shared internet connections. Your favorite library or coffee shop may not encrypt your data. Hence, when you use the “free” network they provide, you make yourself vulnerable. A VPN eliminates the possibility of this happening. It encrypts your data. This makes your network penetrable to any form of snooping.
2. Privacy: A VPN allows you to browse privately. Everyone who makes use of the internet has a unique identifier. This comes in the form of a numeric address called an IP address. It is linked to your web activities and shows your location at any given time. With a few clicks, anyone can discover your identity by tracing your IP address. However, there could be situations where you want to remain anonymous on the internet.
An example of this is when you are researching your business competition. You wouldn’t want the other party to get wind of your actions. The only way to achieve this level of anonymity is through a VPN. A VPN encrypts and masks your original IP address. It further assigns you a new one. Hence, the party on the other end would be seeing the new encrypted IP address. They cannot trace it back to you.
3. Access to Restricted Content: This is one other advantage of using a VPN. If you live or want to travel to a country with massive censorship, a VPN is expedient. Additionally, VPN unlocks geo-restricted platforms. It is the only way to access Netflix US or the UK-restricted BBC iPlayer outside of these locations. Imagine the amount of exclusive content you will have at your fingertips if you could unlock these libraries. With a VPN, you wouldn’t have to wonder at all.
How to Set Up a VPN for OnePlus Smartphones
- Get a VPN Subscription: Carefully peruse the VPNs discussed here. Go through each offer and select the one that suits you. It may be essential to pay attention to those offering money-back guarantees.
- Download the VPN’s Android App: You should be able to download the app from the provider’s website. Alternatively, you can download it from Android Playstore. The third option is downloading from third-party websites. However, this may be a bad idea because of the risk of infecting your device with malware.
- Install the app and follow the prompts.
- Run the App: Here, you will have to input your subscription details, i.e., your username and password.
- Select a Server: First, you’ll have to select a location. After that, you can choose any server within that location. As soon as you connect with a server, your IP address automatically gets encrypted. You can check on Google using a quick search to determine that your IP address has indeed changed.
- Commence browsing!
Frequently Asked Questions for Best VPNs for OnePlus in 2021
Are OnePlus devices secure without a VPN?
Yes, OnePlus devices are designed with some of the best security features, so they are very secure. VPNs are not compulsory for OnePlus devices, but they can significantly improve your security and privacy standards. For example, the best VPNs are equipped with military-grade encryption, ad blockers, anti-malware, protection against data leaks, and several other useful security features.
So, if you’re in a country or region with a high rate of cybercrimes or weak cybersecurity, a VPN helps you protect your device from all the dangers online. It also protects you by cloaking your IP address and routing your network through encrypted servers.
Will a free VPN work on a OnePlus device?
Yes, free VPN apps work on OnePlus devices, but they don’t all work perfectly, and we don’t recommend one as your first choice. The thing is that free VPNs have some limitations that affect their overall performance. For example, free services have very few servers available (in some cases, you get only one server), limiting your ability to unblock geo-restricted platforms and services across the world.
Also, a free VPN may slow the internet connection on your OnePlus device. However, paid versions like those on our list can improve your speed instead. Another major flaw with free VPNs is in terms of security and privacy. Some free VPNs may have viruses and malware that can steal your data or damage your OnePlus, or they might not have reliable security. Furthermore, a free VPN could store your data logs and steal them without your permission.
How can I get a VPN on my OnePlus device?
If you want to set up a VPN on your OnePlus device, it’s an easy process. First off, you just need to decide which VPN provider suits your needs. Then you can sign up on their website. Next, you download the VPN file that’s compatible with your device and install it. Alternatively, you can install the VPN app directly from your app store.
A OnePlus smartphone is a top-of-the-line device to have. Despite its numerous offerings and features, it would be a shame to lose important information on the device to cybercriminals because of inadequate protection. Getting a VPN for it makes the experience better while enriching whatever security features it already has. With our guided list above, the VPN selection process becomes significantly less challenging and easy to set up in quick steps.