Best VPN for Brave Browser
However, like many of its competitors, Brave Browser is limited. So, you’ll need to combine it with a VPN to get a truly private, secure, and anonymous internet connection.
In this guide, we’ll show you six of the best VPNs to use with Brave Browser, and all the tips you need to get them up and running on it.
- Number of servers: More than 3,000
- Speed: Unlimited
- Server locations: 160 in 94 countries
- Maximum devices supported: 5
- 24/7 live chat: Yes
- 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Fastest VPN out there
- Strict no logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Few discounts
ExpressVPN is one of the first VPNs in the industry, and perhaps the most popular around the world. It is regarded as one of the fastest VPNs to get, and it is not difficult to see why the service has gained so much popularity over the years. A peek at its features will leave you amazed at how excellent ExpressVPN is.
Firstly, ExpressVPN has so many server locations. At the moment, it has more than 3000 servers in 94 countries. Each of these servers use the best-in-class encryption, as well as unlimited bandwidth to get by each day. The VPN does not restrict its users, and you can switch servers as often as you like.
ExpressVPN’s privacy features are just as useful as its security measures. It abides by a no-logging policy, making sure that none of your information is lost while you use the internet. There’s also split tunneling, automatic kill switch, and zero-DNS leak protection features to add to the already secure internet connection the VPN provides.
You can use a single ExpressVPN subscription to link five devices that have Brave Browser at a time. And if you have more than five devices, then you can try using a router.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with how it works on Brave Browser. And if you ever have any questions about using ExpressVPN, then you can always contact the five-star customer support platform. It is one of the best VPNs you can use with your Brave Browser.
- Cryptocurrency accepted? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Dedicated IP-addresses? Yes
- Servers: 5342 in 58 countries
- Lots of pricing options
- Netflix support kept up to date
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Slow app
A more recently launched VPN that works excellently with Brave Browser is NordVPN. Based in Panama, the VPN has a user-friendly interface and a good number of privacy and security features. It is also easy to use and install, which is some of the reasons why it is the best for Brave Browser. So, what are the other reasons why it has made this list?
When it comes to its users’ security, you’ll hardly find a VPN that can offer a better service than NordVPN. It has cutting-edge security technologies in CyberSec and its Double VPN, and also uses military-grade 256-bit encryption.
Knowing that your data is kept private is essential, and this is another aspect where NordVPN stands out from the pack. As you’ll expect from a top-notch VPN, it has an automatic kill switch as well as a DNS leak protection. The service also has features such as Double VPN and Onion Over VPN. Together with Brave Browser’s privacy features, you’ll not experience any leak or threat when using this VPN.
On its number of servers, NordVPN is doing great. Currently, it boasts of 5423 servers in more than 59 countries, all of which are super-fast. Also, many of these servers are optimized for P2P sharing, and you’ll have unlimited bandwidth to use.
Like ExpressVPN, NordVPN has a dedicated customer support platform in place, as well as a 30-day risk-free guarantee. You’ll get to connect as many as six devices to one account, and the service is compatible with almost any operating system that works with Brave Browser.
- Free trial? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: unlimited
- Ad blocking? Yes
- Servers: 1000+ in 61 countries
- No footprints
- Allows torrenting
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not the cheapest around
With a growing number of servers and an impressive collection of privacy and security tools, Surfshark is a fantastic VPN for Brave Browser. It’s relatively new, but has done well over time.
Surfshark allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices that have Brave Browser to a single account. You’ll hardly get this in many VPNs, which is why many people opt for it. At the moment, the VPN has more than 1040 servers in more than 61 countries in the world. These servers are evenly dispersed so that whatever country you find yourself, you can use it with Brave Browser.
Alongside its impressive security features like AES-256 encryption, an automatic kill switch, and recent protocols, Surfshark has some unique tools. If you think the ad-blocker on Brave Browser doesn’t completely get the job done for you, then you can use this VPN’s in-built blocker. The VPN service also has a camouflage mode, as well as Cleanweb, a tool to prevent phishing attempts and malware.
You can install Surfshark on your device and use it risk-free for 30 days. But best of all is that the VPN service unblocks any geographically restricted content you wish to get access to.
- One click connect? Yes
- Platforms: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
- Bandwidth cap? No
- Servers: 100+ superfast servers
- Apps for all devices
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not as many servers as others
Another VPN that works perfectly with Brave Browser is UltraVPN. It’s a budget-friendly option that does not compromise the necessary features you’ll expect in a VPN. It has a customer support platform that works round the clock to ensure that the VPN’s users are satisfied with the service.
UltraVPN is very easy to install and use. As you’ll expect, it uses the 256-bit rock-solid encryption to protect its users. The VPN also spots a zero-logging policy, which ensures that your data and traffic don’t fall into the wrong hands.
Like Surfshark, UltraVPN allows you to connect as many devices as you like to a single account. You’ll also have unlimited bandwidth, and the VPN promises no speed loss when it is used to connect to the internet. UltraVPN is not doing badly with its number of servers, and currently, it has more than 1000 of them spread across the continents.
The VPN service is compatible with many devices. When used with Brave Browser, you’ll enjoy browsing freely on the internet.
- P2P support? Yes
- 30-day money-back guarantee? Yes
- Country of origin? Switzerland
- Servers: 600+ in over 40 countries
- Simultaneous devices: 5
- Professional support
- Modern interface and apps
- AES-256 encryption
- Lesser known provider
Coming in fifth on this list of the best VPNs for Brave Browser is ProtonVPN. It’s another relatively new VPN but has slowly gained a lot of attention because of its amazing features.
Based in Switzerland, this VPN has one of the best security measures you’ll find. While regular servers can be compromised when under surveillance, all 610 of ProtonVPN’s servers are rock-solid and sealed with the best security measures. These servers have a capacity of 714 Gbps at the moment, which is quite impressive.
ProtonVPN uses the high-strength 256-bit encryption, and its message authentication is done with HMAC with SHA384. There’s also a Forward Secrecy feature that ensures that your traffic cannot be captured and decrypted even if a key from the previous session gets compromised. And best of all, you’ll have strong protocols like OpenVPN and IKEv2.
ProtonVPN is very easy to use, especially with Brave Browser.
- Connected devices at once: 7
- One click connect: Yes
- Automatic kill switch? Yes
- Servers: 5900 worldwide
- No logs policy
- 24/7 live chat
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
- No free option
Finally, we have CyberGhost. It is one of the most popular VPNs that helps users protect several devices at a time. And when it comes to its use with Brave Browser, it’s a VPN you should try out.
With over 15 years of expertise in the VPN industry, CyberGhost is not doing badly for itself. You can use it to unblock restricted content, and it’ll give you an additional sense of security when using public WiFis. On this list, no VPN has a larger number of servers than CyberGhost. Over 5900 of them spread across 90 counties, and you’ll not have to worry about buffering or throttling in any one of them.
CyberGhost has an automatic kill switch, 256-bit encryption, DNS, and IP leak protection; all the features you’ll expect in only the best VPNs. You can also connect up to 7 devices simultaneously on one device.
The icing on the cake is that CyberGhost offers a 45-day money-back-guarantee for its service.
Why do you need to use a VPN for Brave Browser?
Brave browser is dedicated to keeping its users’ data hidden from advertisers, cybercriminals, and the government. Even though its features offer a safe internet experience, using the browser alone is not the complete solution. There are many ways you can still be in danger, and this is where you need a VPN. As long as you’re using an insecure server or network to browse, you are susceptible to attacks unless you use a VPN that can handle such threats easily.
Apart from its use to strengthen the browser’s security and privacy measures, VPNs help to get through the geographical restrictions that many sites place on their content. For example, Netflix does not show all its content to all its viewers. Many of them are restricted to a particular area or continent. But with a VPN, you can get the IP address of a server in the country where you want to view a certain content, and bypass all restrictions.
Finally, many VPNs (like the ones we’ve listed above) make browsing through the internet faster. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) sometimes slows down your connection and can regulate what you see and view on the internet. By hiding the sites you visit, a VPN will keep your ISP out of the loop and give you the freedom you need to use the internet.
What are the best features to have in a VPN for Brave Browser?
The VPN you opt for should have the following things:
1. A large number of servers evenly distributed among several countries: A VPN with many servers gives the flexibility you need to use the internet from your Brave Browser. If you don’t consider this factor before getting a VPN, you’ll likely end up with one that’ll have a lot of congested servers.
2. Top-notch security measures: AES-256 encryption is a must-have for the VPN you intend to get. You should also look out for cool features like a DNS and IP leak protection, an automatic kill switch, and a double VPN to make the VPN attack-proof.
3. Best privacy features: Having a lot of security measures to protect data threats is one side of the coin. The other is to ensure that the VPN doesn’t leak this information to third parties. If you get a VPN that doesn’t run a no-logging policy, then best believe your data or traffic is being sold to advertisers or hackers. The VPN you intend to get should also keep you anonymous while you use it.
4. Unlimited bandwidth and lightning-fast speed: No one has the time to wait around for videos or games to load and the norm is that there should be no throttling or buffering. So, make sure you get a VPN that promises both unlimited bandwidth and super-fast server speed.
5. A large number of simultaneous connections: It’ll be a waste of money if you have to pay for the same VPN subscription on all your devices. This is why getting a VPN that’ll allow several simultaneous connections is paramount. The ideal number of devices that a VPN should allow you to link to a single account is five.
How to install and use VPNs on Brave Browser
After finding the ideal VPN for Brave browser, the next thing is to install it on your device. Here’s a step by step process to follow in getting a VPN for Brave Browser.
1. Get the app or browser extension and sign up with the VPN provider. The apps for credible VPNs, like the ones we’ve listed, are available on the device’s store. However, if you can’t seem to find it there, then head over to the official page of the website, and you’ll see a link to download the app. After the download completes, sign up (if you don’t have an account). Usually, you are required to input only your email, password, and billing information.
However, if you wish to get the browser extension, first open Brave Browser. Then, head over to its web store. You’ll see a list of the available ones when your search for VPNs. Choose the one you wish to install, and finally click on ‘add extension’.
2. Find a server to connect to: The server you connect to should be in the country where the content you wish to access is not restricted. And if that is not your reason for using the VPN at the time, you can click on any other server. The connection should only take a few minutes.
3. Lastly, ensure that you turn on all key features like the automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection. When you are certain of this, you can begin browsing the internet anonymously with Brave.
Brave is one browser that’ll take over the internet scene in years to come. But even though it is one for the future with cool features, it won’t be complete without a VPN to bolster its security.
We’ve provided you with the best VPNs for Brave Browser, the installation process for them as well as tips that’ll help you pick the best one for you. Go ahead and start using these VPNs with your Brave Browser for a better internet experience.