Watch dTV Outside Japan? | 5 Best VPNs for dTV (2023)
dTV, established by Avex Broadcasting and Communications, offers a dissemination service for great video content. If you’re outside Japan, though, you can’t access the site’s content. However, you can manipulate the website’s systems and view content on DTV from outside Japan using a VPN service provider. The purpose of this article is to show you how to go about it. Before we delve into the options, let’s discuss the reason you can’t watch videos on dTV in another country aside from Japan.
Why can’t I watch dTV videos outside of Japan?
The reason for this is quite simple: dTV has only bought the rights to broadcast their content within Japan. Therefore, they cannot make it accessible to viewers outside the country. In essence, if you don’t have a Japanese IP address, dTV will remain inaccessible to you.
To be able to view content on dTV from outside Japan, you have to use a Virtual Private Network. A VPN will let you change your IP address. With a VPN service you can change your IP address to any country in the world, and the rest of the internet will then think the traffic from your device is coming from that country.
This is extremely handy when it comes to watching dTV. Since dTV can only be watched with a Japanese IP address, all you have to do is to download a VPN service and connect to a Japanese IP address. Then you will be able to access dTV outside Japan easily.
The best VPNs for dTV overseas
To help you further, we have gathered information on the optimum VPNs to use to access dTV outside Japan. Not all VPNs work with dTV. We recommend the following top four VPN services for watching dTV outside Japan without any problems:
- Number of servers: More than 3,000
- Speeds: Unlimited
- Server locations: 160 in 94 countries
- Maximum devices supported: 5
- 24 live chat: Yes
- 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Fastest VPN out there
- Strict no logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Few discounts
This VPN is one of the oldest service providers in the industry. Established in the British Virgin Islands, it is widely recognized in the market for its efficiency. Since it’s induction into the market, the VPN is extensively known for its distinctive features. Here are some of the merits of using this provider:
While streaming a video, anyone would prefer a smooth experience with zero buffering; that’s what ExpressVPN provides. It offers the essential speed and privacy you require to stream dTV videos. This provider has more than 3000 servers in the world, including a reasonable number stationed in Japan. These ExpressVPN servers located in Japan assigns to you a Japanese IP address, which then fools dTV’s systems into granting you access to view unlimited video content even when you’re outside Japan. ExpressVPN also provides unlimited bandwidth which ensures your streaming experience is an enjoyable one.
Another advantage of using ExpressVPN is its incredible user interface. The VPN service is user-friendly and works seamlessly on any device you can think of. Do not fret if you have only your Mac with you because ExpressVPN works well on it. It is also compatible with iOS, Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems. Furthermore, it has a website that is accessible on whichever browser you choose.
Lastly, one peculiar thing about this provider is its round-the-clock customer care service. Also, they have a refund policy, albeit within 30 days, in case you don’t feel like you’ve benefited from the merits mentioned above.
- Cryptocurrency accepted? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Dedicated IP-addresses? Yes
- Servers: 5342 in 58 countries
- Lots of pricing options
- Netflix support kept up to date
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Slow app
The next best VPN we recommend for an enjoyable experience while watching dTV outside Japan is NordVPN. It was founded in Panama, a couple of years after ExpressVPN. Gradually, NordVPN has built up a reputation to become one of the top VPN providers in the world. Like ExpressVPN, NordVPN also provides privacy and unrivaled speed. This service grants you access to view as many video content on dTV as you’d like without breach. NordVPN has over 5000 servers stationed in over 60 countries, a majority of which are in Japan.
Furthermore, NordVPN has a unique feature that separates it from other VPNs. It has a double encryption system, which makes sure your logs remain private whenever you’re connected to its servers. Even better, you can choose from two options, Ultra-secure or Ultra-fast. Now, you can access dTV on any device anywhere in the world.
We are not even done yet! You can also sync as many as six devices with different operating systems (Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, or Linux) to your account. There is also a 30-day guarantee of your money in case you’re not satisfied with the service. NordVPN’s customer service representatives are always on deck to answer any query. To summarise, in the list below are the benefits of using NordVPN:
- It has tremendous speed.
- It promotes peer-to-peer.
- It has a variety of special features you can’t get anywhere else.
- Free trial? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Ad blocking? Yes
- Servers: 1000+ in 61 countries
- No footprints
- Allows torrenting
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not the fastest
The next VPN service we recommend for you to use to view contents on dTV is Surfshark. This VPN service is like no other that you have seen before. It gains more popularity in the VPN industry each passing day. What is exactly the buzz about Surfshark? It is accessible in over 66 countries and has above 1040 servers in the world. Of all these servers, a fair number are available in Japan, which permits you to access dTV’s video content.
In most cases, VPN services are known to slow down in speed after a while of being in use. Surfshark is, however, not one of them. This VPN maintains uninterrupted and high speed for streaming dTV video content for long hours. Therefore, you will have no complaints whatsoever when watching videos if you use Surfshark. Also, the user interface is a significant benefit of the VPN. What’s better? When you subscribe for yearly packages, you qualify for discounts that in the long run make your investment in a VPN service to watch clips on dTV, worth it.
- Connected devices at once: 7
- Automatic kill switch? Yes
- One click connect: Yes
- Servers: 5900 worldwide
- No logs policy
- 24/7 live chat
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
- No free option
CyberGhost was established in 2011 and is the third VPN service on our list of top VPNs to access dTV. This VPN service provider is known worldwide for providing smooth and unhindered access to stream videos on geo-restricted sites like dTV. You might wonder, what sets this VPN apart from the other ones? Well, we have all the answers you need below.
One outstanding thing about this service is that it holds the highest record of countries as its host. CyberGhost has more than 5600 servers located in over 81 countries worldwide. However, a little above ten of the servers are situated in Japan to ensure that dTV content is made available. Seeing as CyberGhost is a deep-rooted VPN service, their capabilities are remarkable. Every VPN is unique in its way and for CyberGhost, some of its features comprise:
- DNS leak protection
- Military-grade encryption
- A kill switch in the unlikely case of a breach
This VPN permits its user to obtain files, in this case, video content, via a peer-to-peer network, a process called torrenting. Also, it can be used on operating systems such as macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and others. You can rest assured of an enjoyable experience while viewing dTV video content with the aid of CyberGhost. To cap it all off, CyberGhost has impeccable customer support. They also have a 45-day money return policy. How about that?
How do VPNs function?
They direct traffic coming from your device via the connected server prior to internet upload or download. Therefore, your IP address will be the one from the server and not your real one. In a nutshell, if you are linked to a Japanese server, you will automatically have a Japanese IP address. Your Japanese IP address leads the dTV system to think that you are within Japan. That way, it will be easy for you to watch video content on dTV even though you are not in Japan.
Which VPN is advisable?
Are you still a little uncertain about which VPN to pick? You may be unable to decide, after all, we have supplied a list of quality VPNs. Again, we have gathered the factors you should consider before selecting a VPN for your dTV:
- Availability on various devices: If you want to know an excellent VPN service, note that it permits simultaneous connection of multiple devices. So, this should be on your list when considering the appropriate VPN for your dTV.
- Protocol run: Note that VPN services that comprise the latest protocols will stream dTV content more easily than obsolete ones. You can research to be sure if your chosen VPN has it.
- Data restrictions: An excellent VPN will permit the streaming of dTV content with unlimited bandwidth. Therefore, before you purchase a VPN, make sure it has zero data restraint. That way, you can relish every clip you watch.
- Location of the server: VPNs aren’t merely about having multiple servers in different areas. What you should take note of is if the VPN has a server in Japan, so you can easily watch dTV videos. You would require an IP address in Japan, and one from any other country will deny you access to dTV. Keep this at the fore of your mind while deciding on the VPN to pick.
- Cost: There are unpaid and paid VPNs. Also, the prices differ, and a costly VPN doesn’t necessarily indicate more exceptional features. Make sure you get the financial worth of the service, so your money doesn’t waste.
- Browser history and privacy: In case you didn’t know, all your visited sites are being recorded. We are not only talking about websites, but we also mean whatever you use your device for on the internet. According to new technological developments, websites can access your history and send ads that match your interests. Using any of the VPNs explained above, you are guaranteed that your browsing history will neither be recorded nor get into the wrong hands
The unique features on dTV
A few of the features on dTV that will surely have you hooked to your screen are:
- There is a whopping sum of 120,000 titles which includes International movies, Animation, foreign drama series, original content, korean dramas, chinese dramas, music programs from 13 channels, Japanese dramas/movies, kids show and culture.
- They also offer content and service details through social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook.
- dTV provides both exclusive and library materials.
- They partner with film companies, Japanese (local) TV networks, music record labels, and local publishers to give you only the best.
- The organization accumulates its content, depending on the requirements of viewers.
- The interface is entirely user-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I watch dTV outside Japan?
With a VPN, you can bypass geo-restrictions and watch dTV from any location. A VPN can help change your IP address to one in Japan and grant you easy access to dTV. It will make it look like you reside in Japan, and you will gain access to all geo-restricted content. All you need to do is, download a reliable VPN service and choose a server in Japan, then you will be able to watch dTV from any location.
What VPN provider should I use in watching dTV?
To access dTV outside Japan, we recommend that you use ExpressVPN or NordVPN. These VPN providers have numerous servers in Japan to help you access dTV from any location. Furthermore, they offer good streaming speed and security features to keep you secure. Both ExpressVPN and NordVPN use AES 256 bit encryption model and have essential security features. They also have a strict no-logs policy to help protect your privacy.
Why is there geo-restriction on dTV?
dTV has geo-restrictions because they only bought the rights to air in Japan. Geo-blocks are licensing regulations in every country, and companies like dTV have to purchase licensing rights before the show can air in any country. Where they do not have the license to air in that country, they put geo-blocks or restrictions.
Is it safe to use a VPN to watch dTV?
Yes, it is safe to watch dTV with a VPN. Besides helping you gain access to geo-restricted content, VPNs also prevent cyberattacks and help keep you anonymous. So far, using a VPN remains one of the best ways to prevent cyberattacks when browsing. By changing your IP address to one in Japan, your internet activities cannot be tracked. Reliable VPN providers also have privacy policies to protect your identity at all times.
dTV is one of the best sites to watch Japanese video content. Numerous fascinating shows will have you fixated on your PC or mobile phone. The good news is that you can continue to revel in unrestricted access to your best dTV shows from outside Japan! Read our full list of reviewed VPN providers.