How To Change Your Apple Store Country To Access More Apps
While there are applications that anyone can use regardless of their country, there are country-specific applications on the Apple Store. This is because developers can choose to release applications in their country (or region) or internationally. Without changing your Apple Store country, you will never have access to country-specific applications.
Apple imposes geo-restrictions on applications that are country-specific on its App Store. The only way you can access such applications is to change your Apple Store country to the country/region it is available. This article shows you how you can change your Apple Store country to access more applications.
Do You Need a VPN To Change Your Apple Store Country?
Using a VPN has many benefits. Apart from security and privacy, it also allows you to access content that geo-restrictions prevent you from accessing. To change your Apple Store country to access country-specific applications, you need to appear as if you’re physically in that country.
A VPN allows you to do that by providing a physical server (or virtual) in the country the application is available and forwarding all internet requests from your device to that server. This allows it to appear as if it’s that server all requests are coming from, successfully masking your IP address and location in the process. With a VPN, changing your Apple Store country will be easy, and applications that use geolocation technology will not give you any problems.
Recommended VPNs To Change Your Apple Store Country
Choosing the right VPN can be confusing if you don’t know what you’re looking for. This is why we have taken the time to review reputable premium VPNs you can use to change your Apple Store country.
- Number of servers: More than 3,000
- Speeds: Unlimited
- Server locations: 160 in 94 countries
- Maximum devices supported: 5
- 24 live chat: Yes
- 30 day money back guarantee: Yes
- Fastest VPN out there
- Strict no logs policy
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Few discounts
ExpressVPN remains at the top echelon of VPN services for several reasons, most especially its reliability. Its unblocking power can bypass geo-restrictions on several applications that are not available in your country’s Apple Store. With over 3000 servers present in 94 countries, ExpressVPN boasts of high global coverage. This VPN is the right choice if you’re looking to change your Apple Store country.
With a solid and true No-Log Policy, ExpressVPN stands tall when it comes to privacy. This British Virgin Islands-based VPN service uses what it calls TrustedServer to prevent its servers from using non-volatile memory. It keeps your data safe while you unblock applications on Apple Store. Apart from using OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and IKEv2, ExpressVPN provides a proprietary Lightway protocol that is fast, secure, and reliable.
Protecting your data from cyberattacks is a priority to ExpressVPN, which is why it uses the impenetrable AES-256 encryption cipher to keep your data secure. In-built leak protection, perfect forward secrecy, Split Tunneling, Tor over VPN, and a Kill Switch are other components of its security layer that work together to prevent data exposure.
ExpressVPN is cross-platform compatible as it supports several operating systems, including iOS and macOS. You can connect five devices to a single subscription at the same time. You have access to a full refund within 30 days if you cancel your subscription.
- Cryptocurrency accepted? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: 6
- Dedicated IP-addresses? Yes
- Servers: 5342 in 58 countries
- Lots of pricing options
- Netflix support kept up to date
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Slow app
NordVPN is a strong contender looking to take ExpressVPN’s position at the top. Its more than 5400 servers give you access to geo-restricted applications on Apple Store. It has servers in 59 countries, including the USA, Hong Kong, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, UK, and the Netherlands. With its speed, you can quickly download geo-blocked applications on Apple Store.
Under the territory of the Panamanian government, NordVPN abides by a proper No-Log Policy. Since Panama is a privacy-friendly country, it eliminates the fear of surveillance-sharing governments legally asking for users’ data. This VPN service also permits using cryptocurrency to pay for a subscription plan, promoting anonymity and privacy. Using this VPN to change your Apple Store country is a good choice.
With military-grade encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and in-built leak protection, NordVPN ensures bad actors do not have a field day trying to access your data. The following VPN protocols are also available to use: OpenVPN, IKEv2, and NordLynx. Ad prevention, obfuscated servers, Tor over VPN, and Double VPN are other important security features available to users. Your device will be safe and secure using NordVPN to change your Apple Store country.
Compared to ExpressVPN, NordVPN is very affordable, and its availability on iOS and macOS will enable you to change your Apple Store country with ease. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee and allows six concurrent connections per user.
- Free trial? Yes
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited
- Ad blocking? Yes
- Servers: 1000+ in 61 countries
- No footprints
- Allows torrenting
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Not the fastest
With three years of experience under its belt, Surfshark is growing to be one of the most attractive VPN services in the industry. It has an extensive server network comprising over 3000 servers in 65 countries. This budget-friendly VPN service gives you access to geo-blocked applications that are not available on your Apple Store.
In keeping the privacy and anonymity of its users, Surfshark uses different features, including a Camouflage Mode and a NoBorders Mode. It also operates by an airtight No-Log Policy encouraged by its location in the British Virgin Islands. Despite its relative safety from spying governments, it includes a warrant canary to inform its customers of any requests for their data.
Surfshark combines military-grade encryption (AES-256) with secure VPN protocols (Shadowsocks, WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKev2) to give Apple users nothing to worry about security-wise when using it to access geo-blocked applications on Apple Store. It also includes an ad blocker, Double VPN, and a Kill Switch as part of its defense against malicious entities.
Surfshark is compatible with Apple devices as it has applications for the macOS and iOS operating systems. It is affordable, permits unlimited simultaneous connections per user account, and offers a full refund to subscribers within 30 days of payment.
- P2P support? Yes
- 30-day money-back guarantee? Yes
- Country of origin? Switzerland
- Servers: 600+ in over 40 countries
- Simultaneous devices: 5
- Professional support
- Modern interface and apps
- AES-256 encryption
- Lesser known provider
ProtonVPN has distributed more than a thousand servers across 54 countries. This VPN service bypasses geo-restrictions and internet censorship worldwide. So there will be no problem accessing geo-blocked applications on your Apple Store. It has servers across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Oceania, and Africa. Changing your Apple Store country to any country of your choice is an easy process with this VPN.
Its Switzerland base protects it from snooping governments. Besides, it operates by a tight No-Log Policy that ensures it does not store the internet history of its users. So even if a government agency outside the Swiss territory requests a customer’s data, they will not find anything.
It has the impenetrable AES-256 cipher, a SHA384 hash function, and a 4096-bit RSA encryption key protecting your data. In addition, perfect forward secrecy makes it even more difficult for anyone to penetrate the secure VPN tunnel. ProtonVPN also employs an adblocker, Tor over VPN, in-built leak protection, and a Kill Switch to keep data safe. All these work together to ensure you’re safe when you change your Apple Store country.
ProtonVPN has open-source applications for Apple devices, so you can use it to switch between servers in the country you intend to use on the Apple Store. A third-party security company has audited these applications and found them to be secure. ProtonVPN is open to all Apple users as it has a free plan that people who can’t afford to pay for a subscription can use.
- Connected devices at once: 7
- Automatic kill switch? Yes
- One click connect: Yes
- Servers: 5900 worldwide
- No logs policy
- 24/7 live chat
- Apps for mobile devices and routers
- No free option
With CyberGhost, you have access to over 6700 servers present in 89 countries. With an impressive network such as CyberGhost’s, you have the luxury of choice when it comes to changing your Apple Store country. You also have access to a fast and reliable network that unblocks geo-restrictions Apple places on its Apple Store.
Romania-based CyberGhost is not under the territory of surveillance-sharing governments as Romania is not a member of the 14 Eyes Alliance. It also operates a zero-log policy that maintains its customers’ privacy by not storing connection logs and ensuring its servers use RAM only. Using it to change your Apple Store country will not leave your data exposed.
It uses elite VPN protocols such as WireGuard, IKEv2, and OpenVPN together with 256-bit encryption to keep spying governments and malicious entities at bay. CyberGhost also uses perfect forward secrecy to harden the security layer. You can also use the Tor browser with CyberGhost as it supports using Tor over VPN.
With cross-platform compatibility, you can easily use CyberGhost to change your Apple Store country. It also has cheap plans and allows usage on seven devices simultaneously. Plus, you can use its 45-day money-back guarantee to check out its features.
What To Do Before Changing Your Apple Store Country
Let’s take a look at a couple of actions you need to take before changing your Apple Store country.
1. Download all content/apps you purchased. You will likely lose access to some content or applications you bought when you change your Apple store to another country/region. However, they won’t disappear if you download them to your device before changing your App Store country.
2. Spend any balance left on your Apple ID.
3. Cancel all subscriptions you have under your current country/region and wait until the subscription finishes.
4. Ensure you have a payment method and billing address for the country you intend to switch to.
5. You have to leave a Family Sharing group if you’re part of one, as members of the group need to be in the same country or region.
Steps To Change Your Apple Store Country
You only need to change your Apple Store country once if you’re leaving your country for a while, but if you intend to access geo-restricted applications, it will be better to create a second Apple ID for that purpose. Let’s look at the different ways you can change your Apple Store country.
Changing Your Apple Store Country on iOS
It is important to note that changing your Apple Store country will affect every Apple device you own associated with your Apple ID. Follow these steps to change it.
1. Go to the Settings application on your Apple device and click on your name.
2. Click on the Media and Purchases.
3. Select View Account and sign in if necessary.
4. Click Country/Region.
5. Now select Change Country or Region.
6. Choose the country or region you want.
7. Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking Agree in the upper-right corner.
8. Choose a payment method and enter billing details. Your payment method must be valid in the country you select. Then click Next.
Changing Your Apple Store Country on macOS
1. On your macOS device, launch the Music or iTunes application.
2. Move over to the menu bar at the top of your screen and select Account, and afterward click View My Account.
3. You may need to sign in with your Apple ID if you’re not logged in.
4. Under Account Information, you should see Change Country or Region. Click on it.
5. Choose the country you want and agree to the terms and conditions.
6. Choose a payment method and enter billing details. Your payment method must be valid in the country you select. Then click Continue.
Changing Your Apple Store Country Online
1. Log in to your Apple ID account on Apple’s website.
2. Go to the Account section and select Edit.
3. Choose the country you want from the Country/Region menu.
4. Follow the instructions on your screen. Note that you will need to input a valid payment method for the country you select.
Create Another Apple ID Account for Another Country
Creating a second Apple ID allows you to switch between countries whenever you need to access geo-restricted content. Let’s look at how to do that.
1. Sign out of your Apple ID.
2. Launch the App Store, click on the Account icon, and select Create New Apple ID.
3. Fill in the necessary details (email and password), select the country you intend to use, and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Next, you need to choose a payment method and fill in your billing details. You can select None, but you will only be able to access free applications in the App Store.
5. Click Done, and you can now switch between two countries whenever you want to.
The best way to change your Apple Store country to access applications available in another country is to create another Apple ID account and switch when necessary. Using a VPN gives you access to geo-blocked applications as you can easily connect to servers in different countries as you wish. We hope this article helps you change your Apple Store country without any issues.